When it comes right down to it, TBRN, like most internet radio stations, is a hobbyist’s project. We spend money to create content with no return on investment, other than your happiness and interaction. However, the broadcasters on TBRN feel a sense of pride, as well as a sense of duty to the listeners. This fosters the creation of content at the highest levels. In short, we are professional grade, even when purposely being unprofessional. Now, however, beyond our ingrained culture of professionalism, we have a mission and a point to prove. Despite more competition for your entertainment time than ever before, it’s now our job to prove to you one thing. Internet radio is not dead!
It is in that spirit that TBRN announces that we intend to change how we do business. Some of these changes will be gradual, but some will be immediate. Starting with the broadstroke change first, TBRN intends to be far more communicative than it’s ever been before. Quite simply, as of now, we have a lot to be proud of, and we intend to shout it to the proverbial rooftops. This pumping up of the social media volume will not be immediate as the station settles into the other changes it’s making, but look out for new social media work, new promos, new station ID’s…in short, an updated TBRN look and feel. To facilitate these changes, we have new jewels in our crown.
Effective immediately, TBRN is excited to announce a brand new Saturday lineup, featuring several returning shows and an all new show to our airwaves! Starting on September 14…
- WDGLFM makes its triumphant return to its classic slot, Saturdays at 2 PM Eastern. Derek Lane, a man with a passion for teaching audio, is fired up to bring you some of his favorite tricks of the trade…and more. If you have something you want to bring to the table, your messages and phone calls help shape the show, and might form a part of the lineup as Derek makes way for his partner in crime.
- Yes, that’s right. Jessica Silva has returned to our hobby after a lengthy absence, as she brings the Jess Mess to 4 PM Eastern on TBRN. If you’re jonesing for a musical adventure that goes all over the place, from pop to opera to game music and everywhere in between, tune in for a rollicking, interactive party. It’s music that’s shhhhhhhhhhhaken, not stirred…and she’s a lot more fun than a Pandora shuffle. We guarantee it.
- After a similarly long absence, TBRn welcomes back Mason Armstrong to our airwaves, as the Mason Jar joins us at 6 PM Eastern. An avid gamer, Mason will spend an hour or more playing one of his favorite games…But don’t get too comfortable in the world of attacks and powerups, as “DJ Milliamps” has a minimix to jar you out of that comfort zone. As always, this show wouldn’t be the same without you…your interaction is the straw that stirs the drink, no home canning required.
- This next slot is open! If you feel you have what it takes to join our powerful group of Saturday broadcasters, apply to join one of the best, most knowledgeable teams anywhere! For now, yours truly will be bringing Sonic onslaught back on a week to week basis to fill the 8 PM slot. If a fast ride down the heavy metal road for two hours appeals to you, tune in, make your requests, and buckle your seat belt for a beatdown of heavy music and amusing banter. Just remember…A lunatic’s driving.
- After the two hours of whiplash come to an end, enter the John Zone at 10 PM to close out your night. John Clower is happy to provide 4 hours of irreverence, randomness, and coffee. It’s a break from all things serious…laughter guaranteed.
We are very excited to once again have a fantastic Saturday lineup. Moreover, it’s a multifaceted, varied group of broadcasters who bring a multitude of talents to the table. This same group of broadcasters has energized the entire staff, firing up the entire station to grater heights to come. If you’ve not tuned into TBRN before, or haven’t been here for a long time…Now’s a great time to do so. We can certainly promise you one thing. Now is the time for us to BRING IT!